Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Blood Donation

Donating blood is one of the best philanthropic things to do as per me. Though I am really skinny and underweight, I always want to do this. Recently my DH has to donate blood for some one close, and he felt dizzy even after days. So, learning from the experience, here I am listing few of the things that he missed doing and are must if you are donating blood.

1) Drink loads of liquid before and after blood donation
2) Have rest for an hour after blood donation
3) Don’t skip meals for at least 2 days after blood donation
4) Feeling dizzy and weak and getting fever happens at time after blood donation. Just have some paracetamol and increase your liquid intake further.
5) Don’t take out bandage for at least one day.

2 comments:

  1. Blood donation is one of those things I've always wanted to do, but never done. A few years ago the Red Cross came to our job and took blood from coworkers. One of my friends got stuck through the other side of the vein, his whole forearm turned purple, and he had to be hospitalized. That image always stands in my mind. I'm glad people like you do it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. emily I would have loved to do it. I am too skinny that i can't :(

    ReplyDelete