Wednesday, March 3, 2010

relationships or charity talks??

"This is the greatest mistake that people do when they meet love...they try to posses it, they demand, they expect... and just like the water spilling out of your hand, love will retrieve from you"

These are the lines from one of the fwded mails fwded to me by one of the good friends.
It was some article by Swami Vivekananda.

Actually I am writing this because I didn't agree with these words.

What I believe in is if you do something for someone and don't expect anything in return then its not a relationship, but thats called a charity. Relationship is a two way function and according to me relationship is as strong as you expect both parties to participate in it. If there are no expectations, there is no possesiveness, then is it truly any relationship! Well, I doubt.

Be it any relationship, there is always a selfish angle to it. A mother loves her child and expects her children to love her and respect her back. Friends love you because they expect you to accept them. Spouse or romantic parter probably expect emotional security.

If there is no expectation back, belive me that thing is junk in your life. There is a rule that says until all your basic needs are not fulfilled, you can't do charity. And i think the rule applies in relationships too.

But I will say, expect and give alot in any relationship. Thats what gives the strength to the relationship. Leave charity for later half of your life

No comments:

Post a Comment