Monday, January 4, 2016

Looking Back - 2015

I had 9 goals for 2015 and before starting working towards my 2016 goals, I want to look back and reflect how I did in 2015.

Financial:

Networth: I aimed to increase same by 20%. Achieved this goal in October. And by the year end I (we) have managed to increase it by 26.6% annually. 
Score:1/9

Savings: I wanted to save 65% of total money we make (all salary + bonus + any other money)
. I (we) saved 69% of our total money.
Score:2/9

Retirement: I wanted to save 40% of net salary (in-hand + automated deduction) for retirement. Managed to save just shy of 67% there.
Score:3/9

Emergency Fund - Wanted to have 12x months of living expenses in EF. Achieved this within first half of the year. But by the end of year, had to dip in my EF many times. Ended up 10.5x months of living expenses saved as EF. 
Score:3/9

Save all of DH's salary - Done that. Finally, my household can survive on the lower salary of two. :)
Score:4/9

Personal:

Baby Schedule - I really worked very hard on work-life balance. This was a priority all through. A satisfying year on this front for sure.
Score:5/9

Reading related to Job - Another year of big failure. *Sob Sob* 
Score:5/9

Diary Writing - I actually picked it up in last quarter and had been writing on-off. Going to focus on writing more regularly this year but so far I count it as WIP/Partial Success.
Score:6/9


Love Myself - Well worked on/off in the year but having this as a goal for sure made me more conscious of importance of routines. WIP/Majorly a success.
Score:7/9




So that's how I did in 2015 - 7 out of 9. 
How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment