2013 was year of Self Love. Some of the key take away are:
1. I finally had a decent financial year. That feels awesome.
2. Cooking is always going to be tough for me because that is something I don't enjoy inherently. On the other hand, given my mood, I can cook a decent meal.
3. When I take care of my self regularly, it does feel good. This also leads to feeling bad when I go back to "not-taking-care-of-myself" mode. I think this goal REALLY WORKED last year.
Over to goals for 2014.
This year my financial goals were very clear in my mind, but it was personal ones that took so long for me.
By no means I feel that following are the stretch goals, but I will certainly feel very happy if we end up achieving them. I just hope Murphy decides not to visit us and we can pass this category.
1. Networth: I aim to increase our networth by 20% in this financial year. This is same as last year but essentially means we have to save more (maths geek!!!).
2. Savings: Save 40% of our joint take home. I am reducing this by 10% because baby will be starting his school this year which means increased expenses.
3. Retirement: This is my priority in savings this year. Aiming to save 30% towards this.
4. Emergency Fund - Last year I have really lived on edge with almost no money in bank to achieve my goals. It gave me bad feeling too many times. I think its high time to get responsible and build some emergency fund. I am aiming for 3X monthly expenses.
5. Payoff my 1 loan - Should be able to do this by first half of the year.
This year I am not setting any budget related thing. I realized last year that tracking works fine in my household but budgeting not so much.
Continuing "Love Yourself".
1. Aim to not disturb baby's schedule on day to day basis, specifically when we have visitors.
2. Spend at least one hour on my new job related studying.
3. Pick one bad habit of myself every quarter and work on it for full one quarter hoping to improve it eventually.
4. I have to start exercising - to build my stamina again.
9 goals for this year, please wish me best of luck and I promise to try and update regularly on my progress.