Thursday, September 13, 2012

Time to explore next step in budget

I have always worked with detailed budget, watched every rupee coming in and going out of my system.

Now with a baby in picture, that is just too time consuming.

From last so many days I am working on seeing where my time is going and what all I can cut back to save on TIME.

And I know too much detailed budgeting is one thing which eats up time that I should free.

So finally, I am writing this post and ACCEPTING that it's time to change.

After exploring lots of things I have decided that I need to come up with something similar to balanced money formula as preached by JD Roth of Get Rich Slowly.

His exact formula is something like

     30% wants

     20% savings

     50% needs.

I have to come up with something similar.

I am going to come up with my own balanced money formula by November.
(This is because I am joining my job only on coming Monday which means no pay cheque at end of september also.)

If you have any suggestions on this, please let me know.

2 comments:

  1. I would be interested in finding your monthly budget. I maintain a spreadsheet too and will be happy to share. I also got a decent spreadsheet of a person from a public forum and I can share that too.
    If interested, you can reach me at baransam at the rate of hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer my own customized spreadsheets. Thanks alot for your offer. That was very sweet of you.

    ReplyDelete