Wednesday, January 4, 2012
Goals for 2012
After taking unplanned break from forming goals for 2011, I am back. I am again trying to work on lots of issues at one time. It will be a big daunting failure if I will not decide on some (???) goals for 2012. I did OK in 2010 thanks to this blog. Hope to ATLEAST achieve that much and I will be one happy gal.
So here go my goals for 2012:
1) I have a new responsibility in my life. So it’s high time for me to be responsible for my health. I gained quite a lot of weight while pregnant (:)) and lost most of it but not all. I would like to go back to my pre-preg day’s weight. Ideally I would like to achieve this by the time my baby is 1 year. But, even if I achieve it by EOY (end of year), it will work. This will do lot of good to me financially, that might enable me to fit in my pre-preg days clothes.
My financial life is at lowest point ever. In 2011 I was not able to save even 5% of our in hand salary where this household is used to save close to 30% of its in hand. :( Plus me not working for first quarter in this year is also going to be a big strain on my finances. So my financial goals are going to be more challenging than first one.
1) I want to bring our mortgage to such an extent where my house can service itself. To achieve this by EOY, I need to bring in close to 8L money. This is going to be tough.
2) Maintain my EF as 3 months of expenses once I join back my job.
3) If I can save for retirement as much as I did in 2010, that will be a good punch to future expenses.
I wish I could become a SUPERMOM. :)
But Santa (on Christmas) and Lakshmiji (on Diwali), both of them told me that no wishes for you for this year. :( So, let’s formulate some goals in that case:
1) I am a late sleeper. What I mean by that is I sleep by 2:00 at night and love to get up at 10:00 in morning (I wish I could tell you the truth that 10:00 is actually 12 :)) But once you have a baby and you plan to join your job and you also decide that you will cook morning meal plus lunch yourself, this won't work right? So have to start the habit of getting up at 6:00 in the morning. Only if I would have thought of this while in school, I would have been favourite of all my teachers. :(. But it’s never too late, is it?
2) I think one of the most vague yet most important goals is to maintain a WORK-LIFE balance once I join back my job. This is going to be tough as there will be lots of unknown (to me) hurdles all along the way, but I will need your blessings and I sure can do it. If I can't, then I can always quit my job again (of course first I have to join again) and live this ideal life of being at home all day with my baby. :)
So 6 goals in all, what do you think will I be able to surprise myself by achieving at least few of them?
Are you also crazy enough to form goals in New Year?