Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Secret Savings – Will I allow?

Stacking pennies posted an interesting question, what if your partner surprises you with some secret savings.

I thought about this and I guess my answer is as simple as the crow flies; I am strictly against this and will tell my DH in face the same. Reason is not that I don’t love him or I don’t want to give him his space.

My reason behind this is very simple; we have common budget and common goals, payment of mortgage and saving for retirement. Allowing once secret splurge savings can open a possible hole in budget, which then can be used without guilt for almost anything. Once allowed, I will never be able to stop this. Hence, not allowed the first time, DH beware!

2 comments:

  1. Pooji, I tagged you. Please come to my blog to see what you need to do. I miss you, girl! Hope everything's okay...

    ReplyDelete